Thursday 9 July 2015

A Bog Frog Story

A lovely lady came into the shop last week, in her hand a very cute knitting pattern. Now, many of the people that I speak to in the shop are aware that I love to make crochet toys. Most don’t share my passion, but they show an interest. I was very pleased to see that on the front cover of the ‘leaflet’ was a pretty cool-looking frog! A bright green, happy-chappy of a frog. Upon closer inspection (ok I got a bit nosey and wanted to know more, so I just had to ask!), I read the words ‘Bog Frog’... the lady was going to be making this little fellow...

The Bog Frog Toilet Roll Holder!

 During our chat about which, out of all of our lovely green yarns was the correct ‘frog green’ (her bathroom is brown, this could have been an option if he was a toad, but he is not a toad, he is a definite green sort of bog frog), she explained that she had found a fantastic site for paid knitting patterns and her experience with them had been very good thus far. So I jotted down the company name and thought I’d share it here with you all. They're called 'Knitting By Post' (available via amazon.com).


 So, if you don’t share my passion for toys, but think your bathroom could be calling out for its very own creature to keep your loo-roll clean and safe, then you simply MUST knit yourself Mr.Bog Frog!

1 comment: